Monday, July 20, 2009

Clean Face and Feet for Yoga

It has always been a routine for me to wash my face and feet before going into a yoga class even when I am rushing to go into the class. For me having a clean face, free of make-up is important as I do not like my face feeling sticky with sweat and make-up when I am doing the poses. Washing my face also helps me to refresh after a full day at the office before the class.

I remember hearing a story from one of the yoga practitioners about a practitioner coming to class with her face fully made-up with mascara and all. Half-way thru the class, some of the practitioners couldn’t help laughing when they looked at her as she was having panda bear’s eyes. So if you want to wear mascara to class, remember to wear the water-proof type.

Washing my feet before going into the class is equally important for me because the feet really smell as they have been enclosed in shoes all day. You will feel really glad that you have washed your feet when you are doing the Baddha Konasana poses where you need to lower your head to your feet. You will also be doing your fellow yogis and teacher a favour as they will not have smell your dirty feet if you wash your feet before going into the class.



"Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame." - B.K.S. Iyengar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish all yogis have the sense to do this, especially the clean feet. Not only dirty feet disgusting, many times over, I had fellow practitioners stepped onto my personal yoga mat, while I'm on it. Honey...I dun know where your feet came from or being to...and I can understand if your face can't touch the mat in most postures, but mine certainly can! Keep the respect by keeping your dirty feet to yourself.